The Treatment of Digestate
|Phone||+49 4486 9284-0|
Why Treat Digestate?
- Composting ensures that the digestate dries quickly. The rotting process transforms the digestate into compost.
- Valuable plant nutrients are not wasted. The compost created is homogeneous and thus suitable for storage. The low moisture content and volume mean that the cost of transporting the compost to the plant is reduced considerably.
- Compost is a stabilized organic fertilizer with an average to high nutrient content which can be safely stored and easily distributed.
- Compost releases nutrients to the plants evenly and slowly. In addition, it serves as a positive influence on the humus balance.
Composting digestate increases the utilization of organic residue and enhances the value of the biogas plant.
Why a BACKHUS Turner?
In the treatment of solid residues from fermentation plants, the BACKHUS turner ensures:
- fast drying
- safe hygienisation
- optimal rotting process
The internationally known and valued BACKHUS turners stand for superior quality and cost-effectiveness.
Together with their customers, BACKHUS EcoEngineers develop concepts for facilities and machines to ensure the practical and sustainable treatment of refuse.
- Fermentation is an economical and sustainable process to exploit the energy content of organic residue and waste.
- During the fermentation process, not only does liquid, paste-like residue occur, but also digestate in solid form which can be reused as fertilizer.
- The direct use of this digestate as agricultural fertilizer is only possible between crop rotations.
- The storage of digestate requires a lot of space and causes odor problems due to high moisture content.